moderated Re: Dectalk software speech or its successor?

Ari Damoulakis

I had the DekTalk32 software, and I seem to remember that I just had
to email a place and they let me download it totally free.
The only problem is that I can't find the file that I downloaded to be
able to somehow send it to you, since I realized I didn't really like
the speech much, I didn't keep the file.
Is it true though that, with a Roku, I heard Audio Guide is only
available to devices registered in the US?
We don't live there, my brother bought a Roku, but when we tried to
find the option to enable AG to see what it does, he said there wasn't
such an option?
Then, when I looked on the internet, I seem to have read somewhere
only US Rokus have the option to enable the screenreader?
Thanks
Ari

On 2/24/20, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:
Hi,
That sounds like a canned message that comes up for any software that was
written for older operating systems.
If you want to feel comfortable about whether it has any viruses, just arrow

to the folder and use the applications key and enter on the option to scan
with defender, it won't take but half a minute on such a small folder.
But it has no malware or viruses.
The only question is how it may work on windows 10.
You may have to go into the properties after it's installed to run it in XP

mode.
Glenn