moderated Re: Microsoft Excel And Filters

Van Lant, Robin

I use filters a lot.

Go to a cell in your header row, then hit the Filter button on the Data ribbon to turn on filters for that entire row of headers.

When you want to filter a particular column, go do that column header and hit alt down arrow to expand the filter choices.

I’m usually filtering on txt in the cells.  The easiest way I find to do this is to Shift tab back three times till I hear Select all.  You’ll be passing over a cancel button and an OK button. 

Then you arrow down the list of options, checking an unchecking the boxes you want to see or hide.  Annoyingly I cannot find a way to page down or use first letter navigation to quickly move through a long list. 

If you know you want to see most of the rows, but hide just a few, leave the Select All option at the top check and arrow down to find the few options you want to filter out.

If you want to hide a majority of rows and only see certain items, then uncheck the Select All option at the top and move down to place a check in the text items you want.

Once you have that done, you just tab once to the OK  button and hit enter. .JAWS does not read this button clearly; it sounds something more like type the text you want OK. 

Happy to talk more if you have specific questions as you try it.   

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2020 3:14 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Microsoft Excel And Filters

Hi,

Has anyone managed to work out how to use filters with Microsoft excel and JAWS?

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.