moderated Re: Amazon checkout with JAWS 2020

Glenn / Lenny

Yes, it is strange.
If one of my regular web searches takes me to an Amazon page with a variety of results, then I have the headings, but not from the Amazon search.
They are links and numbered, like #1, #2, etc.
I can search the page for the number sign and press F3 to move down the page though.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 12:38 AM
Subject: Re: Amazon checkout with JAWS 2020

Hi Glen,

I am surprised you don’t get headings for the search results. Below is a bunch of Jaws speech history, as an example, I searched for “Logitech MK540”, one of Logitech’s mouse/keyboard combos. After I typed the search term I went to the top of the page, cleared the Jaws history and then pressed first 1 to go to the heading level 1 which gives me information about the search results, then I press 2 repeatedly, each time it goes to the next search result and I did not edit the below at all:

1-16 of 30 results for "Logitech MK540"
Sort by: Featured heading level 1‑ Combo box‑
Logitech MK540 Wireless Keyboard Mouse Combo heading level 2‑ Link‑
Logitech MK545 ADVANCED Wireless Combo, English (920-008695) heading level 2‑ Link‑
Logitech MK270 Wireless Combo, English (920-004536) heading level 2‑ Link‑
Logitech MK360 Wireless Combo, English (920-003376) heading level 2‑ Link‑
Logitech Cordless Desktop MK335 Keyboard and Mouse Combo, 1 Count heading level 2‑ Link‑
Amazon Basics Wireless Computer Keyboard and Mouse Combo - Full Size - US Layout (QWERTY) heading level 2‑ Link

I am using Windows 10, latest public version of Edge and Jaws 2020 latest version, but this has worked like this for me for longer than I can remember or maybe I should say I can’t remember this not being like this.

I did, by the way, copy the exact link to that page and plugged it into the address bar of IE and I still had the same headings.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 10:18 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

I usually don't search for items from Amazon with the Amazon search, because it will display its results without headings, and although I can list links, you don't get as much description in the list links dialog.

So I usually do a web search for something with the first word being Amazon.com and that will find lots of Amazon.com links for whatever I'm looking for.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 12:11 AM

I haven’t noticed a change in the Amazon website in a very long time and I am honestly baffled why several people say that “lately” it seems to get more difficult and yet others basically say what I have said which is that they have no problems search for product, moving through the search results (heading level 2 will do that) and checking out after adding an item or several items to the cart.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Abraham Sweiss
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 5:19 PM

I agree with this comment. Seems to be getting more difficult to use the website.

Thanks,abraham 

On Feb 23, 2020, at 5:47 PM, Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:

I don’t use the accessible site. It doesn’t have everything the main site has. But I’m finding it harder to check out once I find what I want. But I can still muddle through. Just takes me longer than it used to.

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 3:27 PM

agree

I use the main site myself just purchased something actually several items with out any issues using the main site

On 2/23/2020 11:39 AM, Adrian Spratt wrote:

Whether or not this has changed, we don’t want to encourage websites to create separate accessible versions. They will invariably lag the main website.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of The Wolf
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 11:29 AM

on the accessible site as far as I can tell you don't get access to the markit place and the part of the shopping where you can get items from other cellars

has this changed?

On 2/23/2020 8:42 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

Its not you.

Amazon is broken, and has been for a couple of months.

You might try their accessibility site: www.amazon.com/access

But no promises there.

On their site they have a customer service toll free number, I’d call that as well.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 6:57 AM
Subject: Amazon checkout with JAWS 2020

Has the Amazon checkout become more complicated or is it just me?

When I use Firefox, I get to the checkout part and I get a message that says there was an error. When I use IE I can get through it, but it still seems more difficult. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Shirley

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.