moderated Re: Amazon checkout with JAWS 2020

Glenn / Lenny

I can use Windows 7 and IE and get through, it is not bad when you use the various Jaws tools.
I'm using JFW 2019.
The only issues I ever have with JFW, IE, and Amazon.com, is sometimes when I load an Amazon page Jaws crashes.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 11:55 PM
Subject: Re: Amazon checkout with JAWS 2020

What are you using now? I would very much recommend you go straight to the new Microsoft Edge which is also a chromium based browser, but in my opinion nicer even than Google Chrome in some ways. For one thing it has a built in reader function called “Immersive Reader”. This is not available on all webpages just as is the case with the iOS reader view, but on many news and tech sites where you read articles it is available and it gets rid of all the clutter and there is even a read aloud function where you can select some very impressive human-sounding voices which can then read it to you.

The link above takes you to the Edge website and if you go to the top of the page and then use 1 and b you land right on the button for “Get stable build for Windows 10” button.

Activate the button and then go to the very end of the page and activate the “I Agree” link and the installer will download.

Keep in mind that for best performance you should be using the latest version of Jaws 2020.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 4:19 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

I’ve never used Chrome. Is there any kind of tutorial? I could probably figure it out, but would like a little help.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 11:01 AM

Amazon checkout works fine with Chrome. Not broken at all.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 10:42 AM

Its not you.

Amazon is broken, and has been for a couple of months.

You might try their accessibility site: www.amazon.com/access

But no promises there.

On their site they have a customer service toll free number, I’d call that as well.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 6:57 AM
Subject: Amazon checkout with JAWS 2020

Has the Amazon checkout become more complicated or is it just me?

When I use Firefox, I get to the checkout part and I get a message that says there was an error. When I use IE I can get through it, but it still seems more difficult. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Shirley

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.