From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 6:29 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Amazon checkout with JAWS 2020

Hi Shirley,

Don’t you have your address and credit card information saved? When I am in my cart I just use “b” for buttons and it takes me directly to the “Proceed to Checkout” button.

Once I activate it, all my information is there, shipping address, the card I have used last time and literally all that is left to do is to again use the button quick nav key until I get to “Place your order”, I press enter and that’s it, a few seconds later I get the thank-you for shopping at Amazon message and seconds later my email dings with the order confirmation email. In my opinion Amazon has made an art of quick online checkout. You may want to look at enabling one-click checkout.

Of course if I want to select a different address or credit card I have to do this before I click “Place my order”.

If you have an Amazon Echo speaker you can also set up voice purchasing. I just tried this, I had 5 items in my cart, but a few of them I just put in there for later so I activated the “Save for Later” button.

After I had only the 2 items in my cart which I wanted now I asked my Echo Dot “What’s in my cart”. It told me I had 2 items and what they were, then I told it to “Place my order”. I was prompted for my voice code which I previously set up in the Alexa app (you can add this or disable it), after I spoke my 4-digit code Alexa said “I placed your order”, of course it used my default shipping address and credit card, it also told me the total and that was it.

Best regards,

Sieghard