Are you able to use alt +4 to kill other applications?

Are you able to kill the problematic apps using the task manager and task function?

Thanks,abraham

On Feb 22, 2020, at 2:06 AM, Don Walls <donwalls@...> wrote:

I'm not sure what model of keyboard I have. It has a number pad, if that's what you're asking.

Don

-----Original Message----- From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 9:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Alt F4 Frozen

What kind of keyboard do you have?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Walls
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 9:19 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Alt F4 Frozen

Yesterday a friend helped me fill in the province of British Columbia's speculation tax form online. He ran into a snag, so started again with a fresh format and we sent the completed form off. I could not close the first form but shut down the computer. I don't know if it's related, but since then I cannot close Word files or emails. I can open and read them and move them, but I can't close them. If I'm in my email list, I can use Alt tab to get out of an open email, then delete or move it, but the open email is still there. I assume that somehow I've frozen the Alt F4 function. My only resort is to shut down the computer. When I start it up again, emails I've deleted both from In and Deleted folders reappear. Any thoughts?

I'm using Windows 10 and JAWS 17, though I plan to purchase JAWS 2020 in a few weeks.

I'd appreciate any help.

Don