moderated Alt F4 Frozen

Don Walls

Yesterday a friend helped me fill in the province of British Columbia's speculation tax form online. He ran into a snag, so started again with a fresh format and we sent the completed form off. I could not close the first form but shut down the computer. I don't know if it's related, but since then I cannot close Word files or emails. I can open and read them and move them, but I can't close them. If I'm in my email list, I can use Alt tab to get out of an open email, then delete or move it, but the open email is still there. I assume that somehow I've frozen the Alt F4 function. My only resort is to shut down the computer. When I start it up again, emails I've deleted both from In and Deleted folders reappear. Any thoughts?

I'm using Windows 10 and JAWS 17, though I plan to purchase JAWS 2020 in a few weeks.

I'd appreciate any help.

Don