moderated Re: Dectalk software speech or its successor?

Randy Barnett

I don't know the names but they are around. Just look at any smart TV like Samsung. Or The Amazon Fire stick, Roku and Apple TV's. They must use embedded TTS chips.

On 2/20/2020 1:51 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Question regarding tts type engines... Are these or do you know of any that are able to be embedded into products being designed?

Thank you,

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Randy Barnett via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 3:40 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Dectalk software speech or its successor?

The Access 32 is a 32bit software version of DeckTalk. The link I gave proposed to have it. I am happy wi9th my synth or I would look into it further.

On 2/20/2020 7:10 AM, Chris Hill wrote:
I was really hoping to find something software based that would work
on a modern computer. If there is such a thing,they aren't
advertising it very well. My best chance may be to find a working dec
express. I used to have one and liked it a lot.

On 2/20/2020 00:01, Adrian Spratt wrote:
Chris, be sure to avoid Dectalk USB, which purports to sound like
Dectalk Express but which, sadly, doesn’t.