moderated Re: Dectalk software speech or its successor?

Adrian Spratt

Chris, I haven't heard the software version, which others recommend, but I recall that it can be added to JAWS via the synthesizer and braille manager in utilities. If you find a source for it, I hope it works out for you. I'm glad another lister thinks well of Dectalk USB. I'll say only that it isn't much like the Dectalk Express, which I'm fortunate enough to own.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 10:10 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Dectalk software speech or its successor?

I was really hoping to find something software based that would work on a modern computer.  If there is such a thing,they aren't advertising it very well.  My best chance may be to find a working dec express.  I used to have one and liked it a lot.

On 2/20/2020 00:01, Adrian Spratt wrote:
Chris, be sure to avoid Dectalk USB, which purports to sound like Dectalk Express but which, sadly, doesn’t.