moderated Re: GoToMeeting

Walker, Michael E

Ari, I am very fortunate to be on a good team who is helpful, when things are not accessible. For today's meeting, I wound up dialing in by phone. My team did the rest of the visuals.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ari Damoulakis via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 1:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: GoToMeeting

Unfortunately, unless something has changed, GTM is really not usable with JAWS. I missed an event I wanted to attend because of this. I couldn't even get into it or hear it.
JAWS just seemed as if it wouldn't interact with the interface at all.
Since it's for your work, this is not a great situation, but let's hope your colleagues will be understanding and make some sort of adjustment for you.
Ari

On 2/20/20, Richard Turner via Groups.Io <richardturner42=outlook.com@groups.io> wrote:
When my agency discovered that the cost was pretty much the same with
Zoom Meeting as it was with Go To Meeting, they switched fairly quickly.
I'd find out what their cost is for how many people, and then get the
price from Zoom Meeting and submit a request.
Even if it were a few dollars more, the fact that it does everything
better than other platforms, even for the sighted, they may decide to switch"
It certainly will not be a "hardship" for them to do it, since Zoom
Meeting is so bloody simple.

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch
with it."
-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by
Jane Wagner

On Feb 20, 2020, at 10:05 AM, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...>
wrote:

I think all employers are always worried that a minority or disabled
employee may file a complaint on such things, so even though you might
not ever do such a thing, I think going to the boss and offering a
better solution would give them reason to switch.
And your boss should let "go to meeting" know that they switched for
reasons of lack of accessibility.
That is the sort of information that will cause software creators to
consider accessibility from the start.

Glenn