moderated Re: GoToMeeting

Ari Damoulakis

Unfortunately, unless something has changed, GTM is really not usable
with JAWS. I missed an event I wanted to attend because of this. I
couldn't even get into it or hear it.
JAWS just seemed as if it wouldn't interact with the interface at all.
Since it's for your work, this is not a great situation, but let's
hope your colleagues will be understanding and make some sort of
adjustment for you.
Ari

On 2/20/20, Richard Turner via Groups.Io
<richardturner42=outlook.com@groups.io> wrote:
When my agency discovered that the cost was pretty much the same with Zoom
Meeting as it was with Go To Meeting, they switched fairly quickly.
I'd find out what their cost is for how many people, and then get the price
from Zoom Meeting and submit a request.
Even if it were a few dollars more, the fact that it does everything better
than other platforms, even for the sighted, they may decide to switch"
It certainly will not be a "hardship" for them to do it, since Zoom Meeting
is so bloody simple.

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with
it."
-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by Jane
Wagner

On Feb 20, 2020, at 10:05 AM, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...>
wrote:

I think all employers are always worried that a minority or disabled
employee may file a complaint on such things, so even though you might not
ever do such a thing, I think going to the boss and offering a better
solution would give them reason to switch.
And your boss should let "go to meeting" know that they switched for reasons
of lack of accessibility.
That is the sort of information that will cause software creators to
consider accessibility from the start.

Glenn