moderated Re: GoToMeeting

Richard Turner

When my agency discovered that the cost was pretty much the same with Zoom Meeting as it was with Go To Meeting, they switched fairly quickly.
I'd find out what their cost is for how many people, and then get the price from Zoom Meeting and submit a request.
Even if it were a few dollars more, the fact that it does everything better than other platforms, even for the sighted, they may decide to switch"
It certainly will not be a "hardship" for them to do it, since Zoom Meeting is so bloody simple.

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." 
-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by Jane Wagner

On Feb 20, 2020, at 10:05 AM, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

I think all employers are always worried that a minority or disabled employee may file a complaint on such things, so even though you might not ever do such a thing, I think going to the boss and offering a better solution would give them reason to switch.
And your boss should let "go to meeting" know that they switched for reasons of lack of accessibility.
That is the sort of information that will cause software creators to consider accessibility from the start.

Glenn
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 10:50 AM
Subject: Re: GoToMeeting

In practice, how hard is it to get an employer to switch to something more accessible? I get answers a lot on mailing lists that just say use something else when something is inaccessible, but you have the problem of being in the minority if you are blind.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Mauck
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 10:49 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Absolutely agree with you. Zoom if your company will do it is by far the best. Beets WebEx as well.

Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 9:46 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

my agency used to use Go To Meeting. But, they discovered that Zoom Meeting was about the same price and completely accessible on any operating system.

I'd encourage your boss to seriously consider Zoom Meeting.

All of the sighted employees like it better as well.

Richard

"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." 

-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by Jane Wagner

On Feb 20, 2020, at 8:39 AM, Milton Ota <mota1252@...> wrote:

Hi,

If the Administrator of the conference has enabled you to join the meeting via a regular phone or the app on an iDevice, your should be able to join the conference using the meeting ID.

Using the app on an iPhone is very accessible. You will be able to see who has join the meeting and if they want to all see you when you talk, you need to have your camera enabled and screen curtin turned off. You might also want to turn Do Not Disturbed Mode On.

HTH!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Walker, Michael E
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 8:42 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: GoToMeeting

Hi,

I need to join an online meeting for work. It is hosted using GoToMeeting. GoToMeeting’s customer service said they do not have any information on using it with JAWS 2019. There was no information on GoToMeeting’s website either. Have you ever used it? How well does it work?

Thank you,

Mike

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.