From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <@Sieghard>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 11:15 PM
Subject: Re: Email Software Suggestions

Glen may like this, but after taking a look at this website and reading the Windows 10 warning I would definitely not recommend using this.
First of all, nobody knows if this has been updated to address all the many security issues which have come up since the Windows XP days. There just are things which are left behind and OE is one of them.
Secondly, does this even support IMAP or Exchange/Outlook.com accounts or would you be forced to use POP3? For anybody with 2 devices that would be pretty bad.
Lastly, I certainly don't want to reinstall this twice a year after every major Windows 10 update which is what the warning is about, this is from the website:

Information about using OE with Windows 10 or updating to Windows 10
Windows 10 users must know that automatic updates on Windows 10 removes Outlook Express.
Every time a Windows 10 pc performs Major Updates, Outlook Express will be removed and need to be re-installed.
More info about software being removed on Win 10 updates:
http://betanews.com/2015/11/24/windows-1...ermission/
Emails are not being removed as far as we know until today, but Outlook Express must be reinstalled and emails must be re-imported.
We have created the automatic restore tool that restores Outlook Express (and emails, accounts e.t.c) back.
For users that have lost OE from win 10 updates, this tool (restores OE back) can be used:
https://runasxp.com/Thread-Windows-10-up...store-tool
The tool will restore OE back but users must backup their emails before windows 10 major upgrade, for piece of mind.