moderated Re: Ideas for handling color coded spreadsheets

Van Lant, Robin

Ann,
Wow, that is crazy. It seems like Office used to report colors in plain names, but now the option in the ribbon will often read the hex code number, which is not really helpful to me. I found that when I went to edit the file that was reporting Khaki1 as the cell color, I was later hearing cells as Grey 50. So confusing. Part of for me is that I work in high contrast and I wonder if that messes up the color reporting for JAWS. I cannot see that a cell is colored, but JAWS will report a background color, but maybe it's not reporting the correct one. Ugh.

Robin

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 3:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Ideas for handling color coded spreadsheets

Be aware that when you change a color in Office, the color JAWS reports when you are moving through the colors dialog is *not what it reports when the color is applied. I chose orange from the color grid, and when it was in a cell JAWS called it "antique white". "Dark Blue" became "slate grey".

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.