moderated Re: trouble with a new login screen in Outlook 2016

Van Lant, Robin

I booted up my computer last night. I think some of you are right that there is some glitch.  I didn’t get the message, but Outlook wasn’t downloadiong my new messages as it should, and the Outlook icon on the system tray said it couldn’t connect to the network work something like that, even though my internet connection was fine. On the Send & Receive ribbon, I found a button for entering my password and updating the account, which brought up that annoying login screen. Entering my password, did get me in, but I couldn’t find any Remember Me checkbox on the dialog, despite hitting x for checkbox and tabbing around.  I’ll ask my sighted husband to look next time I get it.  I wonder if I should go change my password and see if that clears things up.  All my other email accounts in Outlook are logging in fine; it’s the primary account that is also my Microsoft Store login that prompts me for login.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 6:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: trouble with a new login screen in Outlook 2016

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 07:48 PM, Norma A. Boge wrote:

I think this is what we’d call a glitch.

And if it goes away and doesn't immediately come back, it is indeed a glitch.  There are all sorts of things that can screw up an attempt at logging in to a remote server.

Some servers are more inclined to "burp" than others.

        ~ Joshua Liebman

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114