moderated Re: Help needed converting image within body of a received Outlook email into readable text

Thanks Glenn and Dan for your suggestions. Due to how the image was sized in the body of the email, the usual methods of running OCR on it didn't yield useful results. I even tried printing the email first to see if I could scan it the manual way but it was obvious after doing so that the words in the image were oversized and most were cut off. This explained why I struck out when attempting to print the email to the Freedom Import printer driver so that OpenBook could run OCR on it. Ultimately, I reverted to the best method. I contacted the original sender and asked her to attach the source Microsoft Word docx file which read great.

Alan

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 1:18 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Help needed converting image within body of a received Outlook email into readable text

A couple of ideas,

Save the message as an EML file, the default choice for saving a message, and then run OCR on it after that.

Or try to do shift + applications on the open message and see if there is a save image available.

HTH.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 12:37 PM

Subject: Help needed converting image within body of a received Outlook email into readable text

Hi List,

I received an email in Outlook 2010 which contains an image of text within the body of the email. I have OpenBook but I'm confused as to the best way to run OCR on an image within the body of an email message. I'm running Fusion 2019 and would welcome any suggestions on how to get this OCR'd so I can read it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alan Lemly

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.