moderated Re: trouble with a new login screen in Outlook 2016

Norma A. Boge

Same here. I get the message once in a while even though I’ve checked remember me. Just hit enter and continue to Outlook, the messages should stop popping up in a few days. I think this is what we’d call a glitch.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 5:08 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: trouble with a new login screen in Outlook 2016

Robin, I sometimes get this log-in screen. I press enter, and it goes away.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 11:55 AM
To: JFW List (jfw@groups.io) <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: trouble with a new login screen in Outlook 2016

Sometime early last fall I bought a license for Office 2016 for my home laptop.  All was find for several months. Then, after some update in the last, I’d say, 2 months, I now get this pop when launching Outlook that tells me to login.  I can’t recall the exact message.)   Using the password to my main email account and Microsoft store logs me in.  I cannot seem to bypass this login step.  Here are my issues or questions. 

• Does anyone else get this screen? 
  • This login screen is having issues with JAWS 2019 and 2020.  If I enter forms mode to type my password, I can type the first character, then forms mode turns back off and I have to manually turn it off again to finish the password.  This is a consistent issue. 
  • I’m also just annoyed at this new step and would love to disable it.  I’m not sure what I may have done to trigger it or if this was just an Office update.  I did notice this coincides with now seeing a Skype icon in my System Tray that says I’m logged in, even though I don’t use Skype.  I do not get this screen if I just launch Word or Excel, although I suppose it’s fair to say that I typically launch Outlook first, so maybe I need to go test this from a fresh restart of my computer.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager, Strategy & Performance Management

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 |  www.keyequipmentfinance.com 

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.