moderated Re: trouble with a new login screen in Outlook 2016

I recently set up Office including Outlook with Exchange accounts up on a new PC and had no problems with that login screen or to check the Remember my credentials checkbox.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 9:07 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: trouble with a new login screen in Outlook 2016

My first thought is to call Microsoft Accessibility: 1-800-936-5900

It sounds like Skype may have decided to launch at startup?

One reason I'd call Microsoft Accessibility is to have them see if there isn't a remember me checkbox that Jaws is missing.

Another thing to try, is to unload Jaws, run Narrator with Windows+control+enter and then launch word and see if there is a remember me checkbox or if it kicks you out of the password after only one character.

Richard

On Feb 17, 2020, at 8:55 AM, Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

Sometime early last fall I bought a license for Office 2016 for my home laptop.  All was find for several months. Then, after some update in the last, I’d say, 2 months, I now get this pop when launching Outlook that tells me to login.  I can’t recall the exact message.)   Using the password to my main email account and Microsoft store logs me in.  I cannot seem to bypass this login step.  Here are my issues or questions.

  • Does anyone else get this screen?
  • This login screen is having issues with JAWS 2019 and 2020.  If I enter forms mode to type my password, I can type the first character, then forms mode turns back off and I have to manually turn it off again to finish the password.  This is a consistent issue.
  • I’m also just annoyed at this new step and would love to disable it.  I’m not sure what I may have done to trigger it or if this was just an Office update.  I did notice this coincides with now seeing a Skype icon in my System Tray that says I’m logged in, even though I don’t use Skype.  I do not get this screen if I just launch Word or Excel, although I suppose it’s fair to say that I typically launch Outlook first, so maybe I need to go test this from a fresh restart of my computer.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager, Strategy & Performance Management

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 |  www.keyequipmentfinance.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114