From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf of Mario
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2020 12:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Question regarding jaws SMA

I thought Vispero/FS was going to allow the subscription plan for Canadian users. has that fizzled out?
From: Richard Turner [mailto:richardturner42@...]
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Friday, February 14, 2020, 11:58 AM
Subject: Question regarding jaws SMA
The price for an SMA last time was $60. So less expensive to maintain that than go to the $90 subscription unless you are several versions out of date.
Too bad the subscription model is just for those of us in the US.

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with
it."
-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by
Jane Wagner

On Feb 14, 2020, at 8:14 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <@Sieghard> wrote:

That depends on how far behind you are.

If you are on Jaws 2019 and just didn’t have an SMA to upgrade to Jaws
2020 you should be able to buy a new SMA at whatever the price is and
it will give you Jaws 2020 and Jaws 2021 this fall.

If you are still on Jaws 2018 you should be able to buy a new SMA and
this would entitle you to upgrade to Jaws 2019 and Jaws 2020, of
course there is no need to actually install Jaws 2019, you would go
straight to Jaws 2020, but at that point your SMA is once again used
up and if you want Jaws 2021 this fall you would need to buy another
SMA either right away or at the latest by October.

If you are on anything prior to Jaws 2018 like Jaws 18 or even 17, you
would have to immediately buy 2 SMA’s to even get Jaws 2020.

Alternatively, if you live in the US you can switch to the Jaws
subscription model which is I believe $90 a year, this would entitle
you to upgrade right away to Jaws 2020 no matter what version you are
on, then you continue to pay $90 each year and this will always
entitle you to install and use the latest update.

Having said all this, I would highly recommend you speak to Vispero
directly at 1-727-803-8600, let them look up your account via the Jaws
serial number you have and ask what your options are.

They do also have a toll-free number, but I don’t currently have it handy.

*Best regards,*

*Sieghard*

**