From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of John
Covici
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2020 10:13 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: KeePass Overview for managing passwords

Well, for keepass to be of any real use, you need browser extensions so it
will fill the password into your form when you are logging in somewhere --
if you don't do that you have to go into your database,
find the item and copy the password which I found to be a pain. I
had lots of problems with Keepass touch on IOS you had to subscribe to it to
enable autofill and I never got that feature to work properly, even after
much correspondence with them. They do have keepass http, but its broke in
Chrome and in firefox it sort of works, but not well.

On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 08:41:30 -0500,
Alan Lemly wrote:

John,

I'm a bit puzzled by your below post. I don't know about KeePass on the
Mac as I use Windows but KeePass Touch on iOS works very well with my
KeePass kdbx database synced using Dropbox. And I'm not sure what Chrome has
to do with KeePass. I maintain the passwords database on my local Windows
computer with the installed KeePass program and no browser, Chrome or
otherwise, is involved with its administration. And maybe you could explain
what you mean by its implementations being done by volunteers. My overview
was written so that individuals could use KeePass to manage their own
passwords so I'm confused by your implementation reference.

Alan Lemly