moderated Re: Google Chrome Question

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 10:03 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:
It’s encrypted from Chrome’s end, I don’t see it being any less secure than a password manager
There is no one who's an IT professional who recommends that any browser's "remember passwords" feature be used.  They do encrypt, but they are nowhere near as secure as a true password manager.  Browsers have constant contact with and exposure to cyberspace, and password managers (or many of them, anyway) do not.  Virtually all modern password managers also include the ability to go straight to the website and auto-type the password you've stored (though this is getting less robust, which to me is a good thing, actually).

        ~ Joshua Liebman