moderated Re: Hourly rate for JAWS scripting

Rayn Darren

I actually missed the OP of this topic, I think, so sorry for responding out of order.

Ms Goodwitch, lovely name btw, would you mind contacting me offlist, I have an idea for you. :)

rayndarren@...

Thanks,

Sarah

On 2/12/2020 1:40 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
And it will of course depend somewhat on your skill, there are OK scripters and good scripters and then there are the few outstanding ones like Brian Hartgen.
I had somebody write some script for me once (I am not going to mention a name) and I ended up paying him $500 for a rather small script to do one thing in one of my point of sale applications and it only ever worked so-so.
He worked on it for a few hours via Jaws Tandem, can’t remember the exact time, but I certainly did not feel like I got a very good deal. I think if you are starting out you may not be able to charge top Dollar until you made a name for yourself.

Regards,
Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of goodwitch
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 7:19 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Hourly rate for JAWS scripting

So, I'm actually not a JAWS script developer (at least not yet). But I wanted to get a feel for the rates. And I didn't want to assume that $150 was the only rate.

Interestingly enough, I found a firm in the UK that does a lot of JAWS scripting work, and they charge $60 and hour. They also have a big backlog of work. They said, they couldn't even start on a JAWS scripting job until April. The firm is Hartgen Consultancy http://www.hartgen.org/accessible

Thank y'all for your responses. In my mind..I'm now thinking that the hourly rate for JAWS scripting is likely between $60 and $150, depending on where in the world you are. I also realize that the rate could be higher or lower than that...I was just looking for a ballpark number (and I am in the United States).

Peace out,
G

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.