moderated Re: Avoiding that "open parent document" button in Adobe.

Randy Barnett

In addition to setting adobe reader as the default pdf reader you need to go into adobe reader and disable the setting "open in internet browser" or something like that.

On 2/11/2020 3:23 PM, Tim Ford wrote:

Hi All,

When I am using Internet Explorer and press on a link that goes to a PDF document, it opens with only a button to “open parent document”.  Try as I might, nothing happens, and I cannot get to the document.  The type of link is one where it does not give me the option of saving the target.

How can I set things up so I either get the option of opening or saving, or that the document opens with Adobe.

Thanks!

Tim Ford