moderated Re: help with a website searching for bus directions and routes using jaws for windows version 2020

Rayn Darren

Hi,

This is an accessibility test that people typically charge hundreds of dollars for. I'd be happy to do so for free, resume upon request of course, provided you allow me to add your request for review to my portfolio?

HTH,

Sarah

On 2/6/2020 9:03 AM, Kimsan via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello,

I was asked here at work to write up an email to send off to the local transit center explaining the inaccessibility of the website. At least for me, the part that isn’t accessible using jaws is the planning for a trip part on the website.

So, for those that do not understand my question, here is the scenario.

Student A needs to navigate to https://www.bft.org/, from the top of the page, press E twice and will land on a starting address edit field, tabbing once will place you in the ending address and the rest is an edit box to select date of travel and time of travel whether if it’s AM etc. Then there is a plan trip button to press spacebar on.

On the next screen, select mode of travel, so from the top press A until arriving to the group of radio buttons. In this case I selected transit. From here, the only way somewhat to get a clear reading is to route jaws to pc.

Can someone here successfully get transit directions using this site, before I write to the department? If not, how would I properly explain the inaccessibility. I mean, do I just say, your map doesn’t work with jaws for windows? 😊

Thank you for any help and suggestions.

Thank you,

Please consider purchasing my first single or streaming it via the below links:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/to-whom-this-may-concern-single/1497201383?app=itunes&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

https://open.spotify.com/album/5korQlO82EeGT4qdJ65Pa6

<https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Anomaly_To_Whom_This_May_Concern?id=Bxzxk5brhsmrltglj3sa6qzmgq4> https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Anomaly_To_Whom_This_May_Concern?id=Bxzxk5brhsmrltglj3sa6qzmgq4