moderated Re: Jaws 2020 with Excel 2013 not correctly announcing font state #excel

Van Lant, Robin

I’m still on JAWS 2019 and using Excel 2016 as part of Office 365 and have seen this annoying behavior for a while now, but I don’t pay enough attention to know how consistent it is. I noticed it the other day in a file I was trying to format, but I just tried it in a simple spreadsheet a moment ago and it’s reading fine at the moment.  I’ll try to pay more attention to when I see the issue and see if I can find a pattern.  I definitely know I’ve had it do the opposite of what JAWS is saying is being done.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Wolfdaneofmercia@...
Sent: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 7:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws 2020 with Excel 2013 not correctly announcing font state #excel

Hallo All
Currently using the latest version of Jaws 2020 with excel 2013 and have come across and issue when setting font styles Bold, Italic and Underline. i am using the shortcut keys CTRL + B, CTRL+I and CTRL+U however Jaws always announces Bold off, Italic off or Underline off irrespective of thether these are being set to on or off.. Oddly though i don't have this issue using the same (2013) version of word.
Has anyone else had a similar issu? any thoughts?
Cheers Mike

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.