moderated Re: Jaws 2020 with Excel 2013 not correctly announcing font state #excel

Van Lant, Robin

I’m still on JAWS 2019 and using Excel 2016 as part of Office 365 and have seen this annoying behavior for a while now, but I don’t pay enough attention to know how consistent it is. I noticed it the other day in a file I was trying to format, but I just tried it in a simple spreadsheet a moment ago and it’s reading fine at the moment.  I’ll try to pay more attention to when I see the issue and see if I can find a pattern.  I definitely know I’ve had it do the opposite of what JAWS is saying is being done.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Wolfdaneofmercia@...
Sent: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 7:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws 2020 with Excel 2013 not correctly announcing font state #excel

Hallo All
Currently using the latest version of Jaws 2020 with excel 2013 and have come across and issue when setting font styles Bold, Italic and Underline. i am using the shortcut keys CTRL + B, CTRL+I and CTRL+U however Jaws always announces Bold off, Italic off or Underline off irrespective of thether these are being set to on or off.. Oddly though i don't have this issue using the same (2013) version of word.
Has anyone else had a similar issu? any thoughts?
Cheers Mike

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114