moderated Re: 2 Issues while using JAWS in Word

Leo

Hi Rahul,

I got my reasons to suspect that what's happening to you is more related to the version of office you are using than anything else. I had problems working with office 2016.

Currently, I'm working with word 2019 and jaws 2020 and I'm able to reply to any comment. Besides, Whenever jaws comes across a footnote, it verbalizes it correctly. Footnote one, etc.

As for replying to the comments, you can try this:

First of all, be sure to go to the comment whether listing the comments, (control plus shift plus semi column) or listing the virtual items, (hold down windows key plus column).

However you do it, arrow down to find the comment you want to reply to, and hit enter.

Presently, press separately and one key followed by the other, alt plus r plus n.

I repeat, do not press this combination simultaneously, but one after the previous one.

Jaws now should announce that you're in the comment pain. All you have to do now is bringing up the context menu, and hopefully, you'll find the comments related options to reply, etc.

Best,
   Leo
On 1/30/2020 7:05 AM, Jason White via Groups.Io wrote:

The comment-related options are present if the cursor is inside the text of the comment (e.g., Alt+r, n), and you use Shift+F10 to access the context menu.

´╗┐On 1/30/20, 04:16, "Rahul Bajaj" <main@jfw.groups.io on behalf of rahul.bajaj1038@...> wrote:

    Hi, All,

    I use Word 16, through office 365, and JAWS 2019. Have also tried
    2020, and the following 2 issues persist. They are:

    First, The option to edit, delete and reply to a comment with shift+f
    10, or the applications key, has now gone. Even if you are at the spot
    where JAWS says 'comment', pressing these keystrokes does not allow
    you to interact with the comments at all.

    Second, when there are footnotes in the documents, instead of reading
    out their number, JAWS sometimes says 'superscript'. I know for a fact
    that it is a footnote and not a superscript, but JAWS does not say so.

    Thanks.

    Best,
    Rahul

    Rahul Bajaj