moderated Re: How do I get to the "Fast Start" option in Windows 10?

Richard B. McDonald

Thanks Bill!  That did it!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 11:51 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How do I get to the "Fast Start" option in Windows 10?

Hi, Richard.

To enable Fast Startup, do the following:

1. Access Windows 10 Power Options. This can easily be achieved using several methods:

a. Right click in the lower left corner of the screen (or simultaneously press the Windows + X keys). This will bring up an 'Admin' menu. Simply select Power Options from that menu.

b. From within the Desktop; navigate to Control Panel>Power Options. Or

c. From within the Start Screen; type "power", click on Settings, and select Power Options from the list of results:

2. In the 'Power Options' window; click on Choose what the power buttons do (from the left hand panel):

3. In the new window; click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.

4. Check Fast Startup.