moderated Re: Jaws 2020 lag with Outlook 365

Norma A. Boge

Hi Jason, thanks for your input. I will also be calling tech support because perhaps when they actually hear the lag we’ll be able to resolve the issue. Norma

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jason White via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 5:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws 2020 lag with Outlook 365

I haven’t encountered this issue at all. I’m running JAWS 2020 with the latest Outlook for Office 365 under Windows 10. It might be worth checking whether other people with exactly the same software versions as yours are experiencing the problem. Also, if you think you might be able to upgrade out of it, I would suggest trying to upgrade whatever relevant software you can.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of "Norma A. Boge" <naboge@...>
Date: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 08:40
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>

I turned off the reading pane and a couple other things. Seems to help with arrowing through a message list. However, the lag for Jaws responding and my ability to type in the body of a reply message is even worse, probably around 7-8 seconds this time. I do appreciate the reminder about the pane, I wish the settings would just stay but evidently MS doesn’t think that is a priority. Bummer.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of "Norma A. Boge" <naboge@...>
Date: Monday, January 27, 2020 at 16:52
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Jaws 2020 lag with Outlook 365

Hi group,

As I await a response from Vispero support, I’m wondering if anyone is experiencing the following:

I have noticed that the lag while using Outlook 365 with Jaws 2020 is even worse than with Jaws 2019. Arrowing through a message list, Jaws simply stops speaking. I can read the title of the window but that’s it. Then after 3-4 seconds I am able to proceed normally through the list. And it takes about 5 seconds before I can type a reply to a message.

A few months ago I asked about this lag while in a Outlook webinar with the Microsoft accessibility group. They acknowledged the problem but that was about all they said. I can hardly wait to see what Vispero’s take is.

Helpful feedback welcome.

Norma