moderated Re: how to drag and drop on websites?

Brent Harding

I've never found a good use for that mouse lock and unlock hotkey in Jaws that actually does something useful. I think the real problem with trying to shoehorn this to work on the web is that the virtual cursor and mouse pointer don't follow each other, and except for Internet Explorer, the Jaws cursor won't let you access everything you need to make a good drop at the correct spot.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Ketchem" <ketch1969@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:50 PM
Subject: Re: how to drag and drop on websites?

i have had the same problem so any help would be great

On 1/27/20, Brent Harding <brent@...> wrote:
Hi there! I am wondering, how one can deal with drag and drop stuff on the
web when using Jaws? For instance, with this one thing I was trying to deal
with, it asks you to drag a list of things in order from most important to
least important. I tried the lock mouse button command to try to do it, but
then the arrow keys won't read where I'm moving to. Is there any way around
this kind of thing besides getting someone to do it for me?
Thanks