moderated Re: Success - JAWS won't start after sign-in

Jason White

Mine is empty as well, even though JAWS and several other programs start after I log in. I suspect they’re controlled by registry entries, but I may be wrong about that.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of "Richard B. McDonald" <richardbmcdonald@...>
Date: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 17:21
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Re: Success - JAWS won't start after sign-in

Hi Jason!

Good job!  Your below worked!  I copied my JAWS 2019 shortcut from my desktop as you instructed below.  Now, after sign-in, it starts.  It took about 25 seconds to start, but it did!  I wonder if reactivating “fast startup” might improve this relatively slow startup of JAWS.  I may try doing this.  But, I can live with how it works now.

BTW, before pasting the JAWS shortcut into this startup folder, I noticed that there was nothing in it.

Thanks!

Richard

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Dan Longmore <danlongmore44@...>
Date: Monday, January 27, 2020 at 07:46
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>

I’m glad you don’t have a problem on your system, but do realize that every system is a little different and on some systems this is an issue which Freedom Scientific is aware of.