moderated Re: JAWS won't start after sign-in

Jason White

Yes, typing Alt+d in File Explorer, followed by shell:startup will place you in the relevant directory. Try pasting the JAWS shortcut in there.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 3:51 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS won't start after sign-in

Hi Jason!

Well, I am not on any sort of a corporate network, but I wonder about your below solution.  Maybe something like it might work for me!  You say that the solution was to copy the JAWS shortcut into “shell:startup (which is where the user’s startup programs reside).”  What does this mean.  I am used to seeing something more like “C: . . . “ or a directory path.  So, does your below indicate something like that?

Thanks,

Richard

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Dan Longmore <danlongmore44@...>
Date: Monday, January 27, 2020 at 07:46
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>

I’m glad you don’t have a problem on your system, but do realize that every system is a little different and on some systems this is an issue which Freedom Scientific is aware of.