moderated Re: Seeking feedback on 40 and 80 cell displays

Jason White

I've used an 80-cell display in a work environment, and I can definitely recommend it. More cells are better (within a reasonable limit, of course).

On 1/27/20, 23:03, "Rayn Darren" <main@jfw.groups.io on behalf of rayndarren@...> wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning towards 80 cells as well. a whole
line really is appealing.

On 1/27/2020 5:45 PM, Richard Turner wrote:
> The programmers I know use an 80 cell display so they don’t have to worry about the line length.
> I know people who are happy with both the Humanware 80 and the Focus 80.
> The Focus 5th generation 80 I think has some extra keys that can be programmed but I don’t know which ones or exactly how to do that
> The Focus 80 also has the 8 braille input keys if that matters.
> They are only about $200 difference in price.
> Both are pushing close to $8,000.
>
> If you have any local vendors that carry one or the other, you ought to request a demonstration.
>
> HTH,
> Richard
>
> 🖖 Live long and prosper
>
>
> Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com<http://www.turner42.com/>
>
> From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rayn Darren
> Sent: Monday, January 27, 2020 5:30 PM
> To: main@jfw.groups.io
> Subject: Seeking feedback on 40 and 80 cell displays
>
>
> Greetings fellow Jaws users!
>
> I'm a programmer and I'm in need of a new braille display. I currently have a Polaris and am unable to pair it to my computer due to technical issues with the unit. Therefore I'm in need of a new display, only a display this time as I don't make use of the other functions that come with a note-taking unit. To that end, I come to you fine people in hopes that someone will have some insight on displays.
>
> I'm looking for feedback on 40 or 80 cell displays. I think perhaps the 80 cells will be too long for me, but since I need to read everything and every dot counts, 80 just might be what I need to be effective. I've pretty much narrowed it to the BI/Brailliant or Focus models, but if anyone uses something else I'd gladly consider it as well.
>
> Thank you all in advance,
>
> Sarah
>
>
>
>
>

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.