moderated Re: Seeking feedback on 40 and 80 cell displays

Rayn Darren

Thanks for the feedback.

On 1/27/2020 7:17 PM, JM Casey wrote:
The Focus 40 has the keys etc, too.

I mean, hell, if you have access to an 80 cell display and enough room on your desk….why wouldn’t you get one?

I have recently acquried both a used Focus 40 and an old Brailliant 80 display; the 80 cell display makes my desk a bit cramped and it has power and dot issues, but were it not for those things, I’d probably use it. I think especially for programmers being able to look at a single, lengthy line of text input would be pretty beneficial.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: January 27, 2020 8:45 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Seeking feedback on 40 and 80 cell displays

The programmers I know use an 80 cell display so they don’t have to worry about the line length.

I know people who are happy with both the Humanware 80 and the Focus 80.

The Focus 5th generation 80 I think has some extra keys that can be programmed but I don’t know which ones or exactly how to do that

The Focus 80 also has the 8 braille input keys if that matters.

They are only about $200 difference in price.

Both are pushing close to $8,000.

If you have any local vendors that carry one or the other, you ought to request a demonstration.

HTH,

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: <http://www.turner42.com/> www.turner42.com