moderated Re: convert webpage containing several tables into 1 excel spreadsheet?

Hi Jessica,

No, Microsoft Excel and Word can both open html files. I'm not sure what you'll get since it's dependent on the website html saved to your computer but I've successfully opened a basic website page mainly consisting of a table of information in Excel.

Alan

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2020 6:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: convert webpage containing several tables into 1 excel spreadsheet?

Hi Alan, 

I had no idea excel could open html files. 

I thought that was just a web browser format? 

Thanks,

Jessica

On Jan 27, 2020, at 5:33 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

You might try saving the web page as a single html file and opening that file in Excel and see what you get.

Alan Lemly

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2020 2:14 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: convert webpage containing several tables into 1 excel spreadsheet?

That is a bit more involved than what could be handled easily via Email.

What is the web page?

I'll see if I can help with this.

Richard

"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." 

-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by Jane Wagner

On Jan 27, 2020, at 10:46 AM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,

I know this isn’t directly related to jaws, but I’m using jaws 2020.

I’d like an efficient way to learn the commands for the Focus line of braille displays, since those items are covered on the certification exam.

I found a page that contains several tables of these commands, and would like to get all this data into a spreadsheet.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Jessica

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.