moderated Seeking feedback on 40 and 80 cell displays

Rayn Darren

Greetings fellow Jaws users!

I'm a programmer and I'm in need of a new braille display. I currently have a Polaris and am unable to pair it to my computer due to technical issues with the unit. Therefore I'm in need of a new display, only a display this time as I don't make use of the other functions that come with a note-taking unit. To that end, I come to you fine people in hopes that someone will have some insight on displays.

I'm looking for feedback on 40 or 80 cell displays. I think perhaps the 80 cells will be too long for me, but since I need to read everything and every dot counts, 80 just might be what I need to be effective.  I've pretty much narrowed it to the BI/Brailliant or Focus models, but if anyone uses something else I'd gladly consider it as well.

Thank you all in advance,

Sarah