moderated Re: Jaws 2020 lag with Outlook 365

Jason White

Have you tried turning off the preview pane in Outlook?

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of "Norma A. Boge" <naboge@...>
Date: Monday, January 27, 2020 at 16:52
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Jaws 2020 lag with Outlook 365

Hi group,

As I await a response from Vispero support, I’m wondering if anyone is experiencing the following:

I have noticed that the lag while using Outlook 365 with Jaws 2020 is even worse than with Jaws 2019. Arrowing through a message list, Jaws simply stops speaking. I can read the title of the window but that’s it. Then after 3-4 seconds I am able to proceed normally through the list. And it takes about 5 seconds before I can type a reply to a message.

A few months ago I asked about this lag while in a Outlook webinar with the Microsoft accessibility group. They acknowledged the problem but that was about all they said. I can hardly wait to see what Vispero’s take is.

Helpful feedback welcome.

Norma