moderated Re: JAWS won't start after sign-in

Check in Settings > Apps > Startup if “Application File for Jaws” is turned on.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2020 9:17 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: JAWS won't start after sign-in

Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019 under Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, all updated.  After signing-in, JAWS does not start.  My laptop has two user accounts: Admin and Visitor.  Both are password protected.  I have set JAWS to always start at the logon screen (a.k.a., sign-in screen), and it does.  But, after sign-in JAWS does not start.  This is despite having both the Admin and Visitor accounts set to “always” start after login.

I have fiddled with this a lot but I cannot get it to work.  “Fast startup” is off.  I have tried many different settings under the JAWS Options > Basics > Automatically Start JAWS Settings screen, but nothing works.

Does anyone else have this problem?  Has anyone solved this?

Thanks,

Richard