moderated Re: Dropbox question

Robin,

If you and your husband are sharing a physical computer with separate login accounts, your Dropbox account folders will be located in different places. Yours will be under your user name and his under his user name. Ultimately, any shared Dropbox folders shared by you or shared with you will be located under your Dropbox main folder with whatever name that shared folder has. Any files you load into that shared folder whether saved there with your computer or your mobile device will be available to anyone who has access to that shared folder. It is very powerful and what I found to be the easiest way into the iPhone's closed file system since most of the apps I use that require file access work with Dropbox.

Alan

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 2:06 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Dropbox question

Alan,

Interesting.  Is that also the case if say, my husband is using my computer and wants his own drop box account?  I have a lot to learn.  Maybe I need to go order Judy Dixon’s book on Dropbox. From National Braille Press. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 11:23 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Dropbox question

Robin,

You won't really be accessing two different Dropbox accounts. What should happen is that whoever is in charge of administering the folder being shared should invite you to share it too. It should then appear on your computer as a subfolder of your main Dropbox folder as well as a folder under your Dropbox app.

Good luck.

Alan Lemly 

On Jan 24, 2020, at 11:29 AM, Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

Hi,

This question is for those who use multiple DropBox accounts.  I currently successfully use my personal Dropbox account on my Windows 10 computer with JAWS 2019 to move files between my laptop and iPhone.  I typically do this using Windows File Explorer, just as if drop box is any folder or drive on my laptop.  I’m now going to need to access another drop box account that someone has set up to share files for some committee work.   What should I expect that is different?  Can I access the files the same way I do now or will I have to use the Dropbox website?  Any other tips are appreciated, as I’m a bit nervous about being competent in the eyes of the other sighted committee members and of not messing up their files.

Thanks.

Robin

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.