From: Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2020 9:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Edge now insists on asking if I want it to be the default browser

well, it never did that before I disabled UI Automation.
And, it speaks a shortcut alt+Shift+a and says go to Settings; which does nothing.
So I will ignore it, but it is quite annoying.
It's interesting that I have never had an issue with Firefox, but found Chrome flakey.
O well.
Later,
Richard

Richard
-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by Jane Wagner

On Jan 20, 2020, at 7:39 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <@Sieghard> wrote:

I think it’s just a message not an actual prompt. For now I made Edge my default browser again on my laptop at home, but I just switched it back to Google Chrome and opened a few websites including Google.com and your own and I didn’t hear it.

But I have heard it before and always just ignored it.

Considering how easy it is to choose a different browser as your default I find that I really only get used to Edge and discover any issues if I use it as my default every day.

I f I am on a website in Edge and I don’t like something I simply press Alt + D to go to the address bar, copy the URL, then open Chrome and paste it into the Chrome address bar.

I guess you could do the same with Firefox, but as I said before, Firefox has always been my least Favorite browser.

Regards,

Sieghard