moderated Re: Edge now insists on asking if I want it to be the default browser

netbat66

did you type in default programs in the search box

?
there you make the browser of your choice as the default browser if you have another installed.
but it won't show until you press enter on the edge browser. then the other browsers you have installed should show in a list.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2020 9:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Edge now insists on asking if I want it to be the default browser

well, it never did that before I disabled UI Automation.
And, it speaks a shortcut alt+Shift+a and says go to Settings; which does nothing.
So I will ignore it, but it is quite annoying.
It's interesting that I have never had an issue with Firefox, but found Chrome flakey.
O well.
Later,
Richard

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it."
-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by Jane Wagner

On Jan 20, 2020, at 7:39 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <@Sieghard> wrote:

I think it’s just a message not an actual prompt. For now I made Edge my default browser again on my laptop at home, but I just switched it back to Google Chrome and opened a few websites including Google.com and your own and I didn’t hear it.

But I have heard it before and always just ignored it.

Considering how easy it is to choose a different browser as your default I find that I really only get used to Edge and discover any issues if I use it as my default every day.

I f I am on a website in Edge and I don’t like something I simply press Alt + D to go to the address bar, copy the URL, then open Chrome and paste it into the Chrome address bar.

I guess you could do the same with Firefox, but as I said before, Firefox has always been my least Favorite browser.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2020 7:31 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Edge now insists on asking if I want it to be the default browser

I am not quite ready to put all my eggs in the Edge basket.

After disabling UI Automation, each time I start Edge it asks if I want to make it my default browser.

I have Firefox set as default in Windows Settings.

If I click on a link in an Email or anywhere else, it launches Firefox.

How the h**l do I stop Edge from asking?

I have looked everywhere I can think of in settings and the prompt is not being read by Jaws or Narrator in any meaningful way.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.