moderated Re: Edge now insists on asking if I want it to be the default browser

Richard Turner

well, it never did that before I disabled UI Automation.
And, it speaks a shortcut alt+Shift+a and says go to Settings; which does nothing.
So I will ignore it, but it is quite annoying. 
It's interesting that I have never had an issue with Firefox, but found Chrome flakey.
O well.
Later,
Richard

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." 
-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by Jane Wagner

On Jan 20, 2020, at 7:39 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

I think it’s just a message not an actual prompt. For now I made Edge my default browser again on my laptop at home, but I just switched it back to Google Chrome and opened a few websites including Google.com and your own and I didn’t hear it.

But I have heard it before and always just ignored it.

Considering how easy it is to choose a different browser as your default I find that I really only get used to Edge and discover any issues if I use it as my default every day.

I f I am on a website in Edge and I don’t like something I simply press Alt + D to go to the address bar, copy the URL, then open Chrome and paste it into the Chrome address bar.

I guess you could do the same with Firefox, but as I said before, Firefox has always been my least Favorite browser.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2020 7:31 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Edge now insists on asking if I want it to be the default browser

I am not quite ready to put all my eggs in the Edge basket.

After disabling UI Automation, each time I start Edge it asks if I want to make it my default browser.

I have Firefox set as default in Windows Settings.

If I click on a link in an Email or anywhere else, it launches Firefox.

How the h**l do I stop Edge from asking?

I have looked everywhere I can think of in settings and the prompt is not being read by Jaws or Narrator in any meaningful way.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.