moderated Re: New Edge And Jaws

Richard Turner

If like me, you are finding that when you hit backspace to delete letters in the address bar/search bar, Jaws reads the first letter instead of the letter you are deleting; follow the steps to disable UI Automation.

I did that and now Jaws behaves correctly if I realize I made a typo in the search bar and hit backspace.

Here are the steps again which have been posted by a couple people.

1. From Edge 79, go to address omnibox and type “edge://flags” (without quotes and EXACTLY AS SHOWN).

2. From experiments edit field, type “UI Automation” and press Tab.

3. From Native UI Automation combo box, choose “disabled” and restart Edge if prompted.

Richard