moderated Re: Tabs in Edge

John Covici

Shift-enter opens the link in a new window -- at least in Chrome.

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:32:56 -0500,
Brian Vogel wrote:

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 06:18 PM, Dean Martineau wrote:

Ctrl+Enter opens a link in a new tab, while ctrl+shift+enter opens the
link in the foreground, with the original page now in a different tab.
Definitely true in all Chromium-based browsers and others (definitely Firefox).   That being said, this does not cause any link to open in a separate browser window, but just a different tab.  As you've noted, CTRL+SHIFT+Enter opens that tab and throws your focus to it at the same time (and it opens immediately to the right of whatever tab you're currently using) while CTRL+Enter opens the tab in the same position, but doesn't throw focus to it.

I haven't used separate windows when web browsing since the advent of Tabbed browsing.  I find it much easier to switch tabs than to ALT+TAB through multiple windows, many of which are not my web browser when doing so.

*Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them.*

~ Joshua Liebman

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una