From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: 17 January 2020 22:43
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Microsoft word question

When i do control x it says nothing. When i do control alt v, it also does nothing. Any ideas?

On 1/17/20, Jed Barton <jed@...> wrote:
is this pretty common? So do you start a document, or do you paste it
pretty much in the same document?

On 1/17/20, Tim Ford <ttford@...> wrote:
Press control + A to select all text, control x to cut/remove, then
instead of the standard control + v to paste, press control + alt + v
for the special paste command. This last step will place you in a
vertical list box, arrow down to "Unformatted Unicode Text", which
for me is at the bottom. Press enter. Wait for a good 10-20
seconds, since larger files take a while to process. You will end up
with a very clean text-only format. Good luck!

Tim Ford