From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Russell Solowoniuk
Sent: 14 January 2020 18:37
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws 2018 Eloquence synthesizer stops working

Hi all,

I'm working with a student who has a fairly new HP laptop running Windows 10, not sure exactly what edition of Windows. He is running Jaws 2018, and yesterday Jaws quit speaking. I wasn't there when this happened, but talked to him on the phone afterward. We could not get Jaws to speak, so I had him turn Narrator on, and we quickly discovered that the issue seemed to be the Eloquence speech synthesizer. We went into the Voice settings and changed the synthesizer from Eloquence to SAPI 5, 64 bit, and Jaws immediately began speaking. I had the student try to go back and change the synthesizer back to Eloquence, but it doesn't seem to be available in the list of synthesizers.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Any ideas how to get the Eloquence synthesizer back working?

Thanks all,

Russell