From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Edward Green
Sent: 13 January 2020 08:07
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: upgrading Jaws

Hi Alison,

If you can hang on, I'd wait for the Freedom Scientific/VFO/Sight and Sound summer special, and buy a new JAWS licence outright. This is likely to be significantly cheaper if previous years' pricing is anything to go by.

Cheers,

Ed

On 12 Jan 2020, at 17:55, Vaughn Brown <jazzdressage@...> wrote:

I second Richard on all accounts.
Did you try cleaning between the keys? I use a small amount of rubbing
alcohol as it evaporates after a short time and will not damage any
sticky areas.
I am using JAWS 2020 and enjoy it. I did the $90/year subscription.
Again, your situation with JAWS is based on affordability.
Hope this helps.
Vaughn

On 1/12/20, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:
First, the problem with the keys acting like they are jammed down may
not be a Jaws issue, so no one should say one way or the other if
that will solve your problem.
Maybe you could specify what you have tried already to resolve that issue.
The current version is Jaws 2020, so if you have just Jaws 18, you
would need 2018, 2019 and 2020, but since you get a little better
deal doing them in groups of two, you may want to do through 2021.
Or, you could go with the subscription model at $90 per year and jump
right into the 2020 version.
You'll have to do the math to see which makes the most sense in your
situation.
HTH,

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch
with it."
-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by
Jane Wagner

On Jan 12, 2020, at 8:01 AM, CJ &AA MAY <chrisalismay@...> wrote:

I was given a free migration from Window-eyes to Jaws 18 but would
now like to upgrade. I see the price varies dependent upon how many
upgrades you want. How many would I need to have the current version?
Would the current version get rid of this problem I am having with
the alt and windows key appearing as jammed down?
Alison

--
Kindly,
Vaughn Brown