moderated Re: jaws announcing tables

george b

No f s fixed mine for me that was a cop out on behalf of that agent

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: January 12, 2020 6:11
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws announcing tables

When I talked with FS about this, the suggestion was to copy into Notepad
instead of Word, so the table formatting isn't shone.
At 01:15 AM 1/12/2020, you wrote:
Is there a way to turn off Jaws' announcements of tables when reading
documents?
I'm helping an elderly friend who receives a lot of interesting
articles that have been copied from a web site, then saved in Word.
When reading, Jaws announces the Table with so many rows and columns.
Is it possible to turn that off so it just reads the text?
Thanks,
Richard

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with
it."
-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by
Jane Wagner