moderated Re: jaws announcing tables

Ann Byrne

When I talked with FS about this, the suggestion was to copy into Notepad instead of Word, so the table formatting isn't shone.

At 01:15 AM 1/12/2020, you wrote:
Is there a way to turn off Jaws' announcements of tables when reading documents?
I'm helping an elderly friend who receives a lot of interesting articles that have been copied from a web site, then saved in Word.
When reading, Jaws announces the Table with so many rows and columns.
Is it possible to turn that off so it just reads the text?
Thanks,
Richard

Richard
-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by Jane Wagner