Re: Logon, logoff and shutdown sound for Windows 10

Angel

Since I first got Jaws in 98, Jaws 2.0, There has been within the program, the ability to set up in Jaws properties, to set up a short cut key.  One can set up an alternative screen reader, to get one on the desk top.  As was said in the post below.  Then, turn it off.  Once Jaws begins working.  That way, should Jaws not work, for some reason.  One can get it up and working once more.  Using the alternative screen reader.  Which is why, I don’t agree with the idea the alternate screen reader ought be set up to close.  Once the desk top shows itself.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 11:06 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Logon, logoff and shutdown sound for Windows 10

And why can Jaws not be started with a single keystroke under Windows 10? If you set up a keyboard shortcut like Control + Shift + J it works just fine and both in Jaws 2019 and 2020 Jaws Key + F4 shuts Jaws down immediately if you tell it in Settings not to prompt you to exit Jaws.

The one true statement is that Narrator starts faster, but if you know Jaws takes a few seconds it's not a big deal.

Lastly, George's suggestion did not suggest that you can't still start Narrator with Control + Windows + Enter, the way I understand it is simply that he recommends instead of telling Jaws to speak at the logon screen to set up Narrator to do this, but then to configure Narrator not to run automatically after the desktop loads but to let Jaws take over again.