From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 9:42 PM
To: Milton Ota <mota1252@...>
Cc: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Elbraille 40?

Hi,
Right, I'm fully aware and 100% ok with the fact that the elbraille only has a braille keyboard.
I know braille.
The hardest part for me personally, will be learning the braille commands.
However, this task shouldn't be that difficult because I'm a very quick learner.
I also love to learn how to use my assistive tech, and for the most part, am self-taught, with help from user guides, and mailing lists, when necessary.

Thanks,
Jessica
On Jan 8, 2020, at 9:55 PM, Milton Ota <mota1252@...> wrote:

Hello All:
There is something that has not been mentioned here regarding the El Braille. It has nice features, fast and powerful but comparing it with a laptop the El Braille does not have a QWERTY keyboard. Everything is run from the keyboard of the Focus 14 or 40 braille display.

I must say that for what you are getting, and from what I have seen it is a bit pricy and you could get a netbook computer with an SSD drive and a 13 inch width and spend your money in finding the Focus 14 or 40 to be a much more price saver.

Also, I was told that doing windows update is not going to be the same as getting a comercially baught computer as there are some proprietary that Freedom Scientific and the manufacturer of the El Braille in Russa have done.

If I'm wrong on these things, I hope someone will varify them so that people don't plop a lot of money down a black hole and end up with something that gets outdated quickly as the technology is changing too fast.