From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Milton Ota
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 8:56 PM
To: jldail13@...
Cc: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Elbraille 40?

Hello All:
There is something that has not been mentioned here regarding the El
Braille. It has nice features, fast and powerful but comparing it with
a laptop the El Braille does not have a QWERTY keyboard. Everything is
run from the keyboard of the Focus 14 or 40 braille display.

I must say that for what you are getting, and from what I have seen it
is a bit pricy and you could get a netbook computer with an SSD drive
and a 13 inch width and spend your money in finding the Focus 14 or 40
to be a much more price saver.

Also, I was told that doing windows update is not going to be the same
as getting a comercially baught computer as there are some proprietary
that Freedom Scientific and the manufacturer of the El Braille in Russa
have done.

If I'm wrong on these things, I hope someone will varify them so that
people don't plop a lot of money down a black hole and end up with
something that gets outdated quickly as the technology is changing too fast.